- This event has passed.
Trauma Informed Care Implementation Forum (Newport)
March 23 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Mandy Davis, the Director of Trauma Informed Oregon, is excited to provide an overview on Trauma Informed Care, and a working meeting on next steps for implementation of Trauma Informed Care in your agencies. It is an opportunity to begin to understand the benefits of a trauma informed system, and the steps needed to implement trauma informed care in your organizations.
WHEN: Thursday, March 23, 2017 from 9:00-3:00pm. Lunch is included from 12-1pm
WHERE: Center for Health Education, 740 SW 9th St Newport, OR 97365, Room A, B, C
In the morning, participants will learn about:
- What trauma-informed care is (and is not)
- How service systems, unknowingly, may re-traumatize/activate survivors of complex trauma
- The OHA Trauma Policy and resources for implementation.
In the afternoon:
- Participants will have a chance to identify how trauma-informed care applies to their work and cross-system partnerships
- You will have an opportunity to share with others in the room about your current work, challenges you are encountering, and what would help you move forward in your organizations.
WHO: This Trauma Informed Care Implementation Forum is for partners and stakeholders from education, healthcare, housing, child welfare, early childhood, judicial, community and mental health services as well as for people with lived experience, youth and family advocates. A base line knowledge of Trauma informed Care is suggested. 5 CEUs are available for eligible participants.