- This event has passed.
Sustaining Trauma Informed Teams: Tools to create a Mindful Culture
June 27, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
This workshop by Wayne Scott, LCSW, introduces concrete team-building tools and practices. Current research in trauma and interpersonal neurobiology yields important lessons about how teams can cope effectively, including: improving the capacity for self-regulation, both individually and collectively; interrupting interpersonal reactivity and reframing negative thought patterns such as blaming and scapegoating; and building authentic, trusting connections that honor vulnerability.
By the end of the day, participants will:
- Understand the ways toxic stress interferes with team functioning;
- Describe how mirror resonance systems operate within groups;
- Explore the benefits and hazards of the social brain and tribalism, including how to cultivate teams that maximize inclusion and minimize “othering;”
- Recognize and neutralize interpersonal threats that undermine a trauma-informed team;
- Practice specific, concrete activities, based on recent neuroscience, to increase team cohesion, well-being, and social harmony, including leading mindful team meeting
Register Here or to learn more.
Date: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 8:30am-4:00pm
Location: McMenamins Kennedy School, 5736 NE 33rd Ave, Portland, OR 97211
Cost: from $112.00 includes 6 CEUs
Who: Since 1989 Wayne Scott, MA, LCSW has worked with youth and adults in outpatient, residential, and hospital settings in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and Portland and he currently maintains a private practice in the Buckman neighborhood. He has provided clinical supervision to social workers, family therapists, counselors, and addiction specialists and has taught clinical ethics at Portland State Unviersity and Concordia University. His academic articles have appeared in The Art of Psychotherapy, Differential Diagnosis and Treatment in Social Work, and The Psychotherapy Networker. He has a regular yoga practice, which keeps him sane, and writes personal essays, which have appeared recently in The Sun, Salon, The Timberline Review, and River Teeth Journal. Website: www.waynescottlcsw.com.