- This event has passed.
Trauma Informed Care Implementation Forum (Canyon City)
April 21 @ 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Mandy Davis, the Director of Trauma Informed Oregon, is excited to provide a brief overview on Trauma Informed Care, and a working meeting on next steps for implementation of Trauma Informed Care f0r your agencies. It is an opportunity to begin to understand the benefits of a trauma informed system, and the steps needed to implement trauma informed care in your organizations.
WHEN: April 21, 2017 from 8:00-3:30pm. Lunch and snacks provided by Grant County Community Advisory Council.
WHERE: Canyon City Community Hall, 123 South Washington St. Canyon City, Or 97820
In the morning participants will learn about:
- What trauma-informed care is (and is not)
- How service systems, unknowingly, may re-traumatize/activate survivors of complex trauma
- The OHA Trauma Policy and resources for implementation.
In the afternoon:
- Participants will have a chance to identify how trauma-informed care applies to their work and cross-system partnerships
- You will have an opportunity to share with others in the room about your current work, challenges you are encountering, and what would help you move forward in your organizations.
- Hear Baker City Task Force share about their steps in TIC implementation.
WHO: This training will benefit a broad range of staff and professionals from education, healthcare, housing, child welfare, early childhood, judicial, law enforcement, systems of care, community and mental health services as well as for people with lived experience, youth, and family advocates. A base line knowledge of Trauma informed Care is suggested. 6 CEUs are available for eligible participants.