Trauma Informed Oregon (TIO) respects the privacy of the visitors and members to this website. We want you to understand the types of information we collect and what we do with that information.
TIO does not knowingly collect personal information (defined under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act or COPPA) from children under the age of 13. TIO requests that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information in public spaces such as comments on the blog or posts in the forum. TIO does not knowingly use or distribute personal information regarding children. If TIO obtains actual knowledge that it has collected personal information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted.
Information We Collect
When you use the TIO website, including the Trainer Database, forum and e-mail newsletter, we may collect the following types of information:
* Information you provide – You may be asked to provide Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in order to add yourself to the Trainer Database, register for the forum, subscribe to the e-mail newsletter and/or obtain support from TIO. This information may include your name, e-mail address, website URL and/or phone number.
* Log information – When you visit and use TIO, our servers automatically record information that your computer’s browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your computer’s browser.
* Member communications – When you send an e-mail to TIO, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve the network. Remember that anything posted to a public area of TIO, such as the Trainer Database or comments on a blog post, can be accessed by the public, and can be used by those people to send you unsolicited communications.
It’s Your Information, You Own It
You own your PII, and we own what you decide to share with us. If you’d like us to destroy this PII, we will remove your user account at any time if you request it by sending a message to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll do our best to remove any PII that is personally attributable to you within 10 days.
Members may modify or remove any of their PII at any time through their user account settings. If you’re unsure how to access your account send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Ways We Use Information
We hold the PII we collect from you and other visitors in aggregate form – similar to a counter – to compare website activity information about all of TIO visitors collectively. We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of TIO visitors who searched for a particular term, for example.
In addition to the above, TIO will process your PII for the following purposes:
- Providing the TIO website to you, including the display of customized content.* Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve TIO.
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network.
- Developing new services.
Furthermore, TIO may use your PII without your prior consent when we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such PII is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or (c) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of TIO, its visitors or the public as required or permitted by law. From time to time, we may supplement PII collected on TIO with information collected by third parties.
If we propose to use your PII for any purposes other than those described in this Policy, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of your PII for those other purposes. We will not collect or use PII for purposes other than those described in this Policy unless we have obtained your prior consent.
Profile information in the TIO forum and the Trainer Database are displayed to people in order to facilitate interaction. E-mail addresses are used for the purposes of inviting new people to join the TIO forum, and to send notifications related to TIO. With the exception of inviting people to join the forum or e-mail newsletter, a user’s e-mail address is not shared or displayed to people. Users on the forum communicate on TIO with each other through TIO, without disclosing their e-mail addresses. To facilitate searching for and finding other users and acquaintances on the forum, TIO allows visitors to search for other users using a series of criteria, such as name or username.
We may also use a Member’s e-mail address to send updates, a newsletter or news regarding the TIO website.
If you are visiting TIO from outside of the United States, please be advised that your information will be transferred to, stored and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Please be assured that we seek to take reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using TIO, you consent to the transfer of your information to our facilities.
Do You Have Questions?
We know that you may have additional questions regarding the privacy of your information when you access TIO. Please feel free to contact us at 503-725-9618 or firstname.lastname@example.org.