Research and evaluation at TIO prioritizes antiracist practices and perspectives and uses CLAS standards to work toward diversity, equity, and inclusion.
TIO is committed building and disseminating knowledge related to:
The implementation of trauma informed policies, practices, and procedures that reflect CLAS standards, including:
- The conditions that support implementation in different service systems.
- The conditions that may present barriers to implementation in different service systems.
- Benchmarks by which programs, organizations, and systems can track progress and hold themselves and one another accountable for ongoing implementation efforts.
Strategies for evaluating the impact of trauma informed care in programs, organizations, systems. This includes:
- Metrics to assess the level of TIC achieved in programs/organizations/systems.
- Metrics to assess change in workforce experiences and behaviors.
- Procedures to assess changes in experience of service recipients (how they feel)
- Metrics to assess change in short- and long-term outcomes for service recipients.
- Metrics to assess impact on organizations.