A FREE virtual gathering of Oregon’s rural school practitioners – educators, staff, administrators, and all! A time to connect and replenish! This event will be facilitated by Todd Bloomquist.
Content of the series is the same between the two options, so just sign up for one.
Rural Schools’ Resilient Practitioner Series AUGUST OPTION:
- Three 90-min sessions: August 14, 15, 16, 3 – 4:30pm
Rural Schools’ Resilient Practitioner Series SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER OPTION:
- Five 60-min sessions: September 18, 25, and October 2, 9, 16, 3:30-4:30pm
- Session 1: Caring for Others
- Session 2: Hazards of Practice and Burnout
- Session 3: Human Resilience
- Session 4: Sustaining the Professional Self
- Session 5: The Expert Self-Care Practitioner
Learning objectives include:
- To understand the cost of working in a helping profession
- To understand the key concepts around adult wellness and resilience
- To develop and implement adult wellness strategies
Across the nation, teacher burnout is a constant conversation, concern, and reality. In discussions with principals, teachers, classified, and also from needs-assessment surveys for staff development, self-care is one of the number one requests by school staff.
Using Dr. Thomas Skovholt’s text, The Resilient Practitioner, I have created a five-part series for a whole staff journey toward better self-care, resilience in our classrooms, and finding hope amidst the most difficult moments of a school year. Unfortunately, all of us often revert to coping strategies when we are feeling overwhelmed and stressed; this is certainly a part of taking care of ourselves, but just coping does not help overall health and wellness. There is so much more that we need to understand about the cost of serving in our public schools and maintaining positive self-care.
Educator Dr. Todd Bloomquist has developed this offering based on Dr. Skovholt’s The Resilient Practitioner and the latest evidence on how our brain and stress response system work. This series has been delivered to businesses and schools throughout Oregon. Perhaps most importantly, Dr. Bloomquist will provide practical tools and skills. Dr. Bloomquist is a certified Neurosequential Model trainer, a certified Adverse Childhood Experiences master trainer, and he holds a doctorate in education.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.